Thursday 23 April 2015

Marvel Pull List - April 29th, 2015


This absolutely has nothing to do with Marvel specifically but I finally read, (and subsequently can't stop thinking about), Lost Dogs, Jeff Lemire's first book.  It was good but very heavy and oh so depressing, making it the first comic book I ever read where I had tears in my eyes when it was done and I felt like I needed a break or a shower or something.  I read the introduction where he talks about how he was drinking a lot at the time and working long hours, not sleeping enough etc. which was a smart move by Top Shelf to tack on the front.  It at least let me know why it seemed like such an angry book drawn in stark blacks, whites and reds and looking like it was scribbled by a madman. All of that sounds harsh, and it is to a degree, but, regardless of the bleakness, Lost Dogs IS a good book to read to see the emerging uniqueness that Lemire would bring to later works like Essex County and Sweet Tooth to name a few but it is not to be taken lightly and should NOT be a starting point for those interested in the Canadian who's toiling away doing some good work in the DC Universe right now. 


!!!DISCLAIMER!!!

All of this information is suggested. Sometimes books get delayed, sometimes they get cancelled all together. Most of the time the trades will be available. Prices are also suggested and subject to change at the discretion of the shop owner or the publisher themselves.


   Avengers - Epic Collection Vol. 4: Behold...The Vision


Three books this week with the Vision's name in the title from the marketing machine known as Marvel.  I've always maintained it is smart business especially for a company that, I'm sure, is bringing new people in based solely on their big screen franchise. Out of the three I'd say this would be the one to get over the other's.  This features the debut of the Vision and covers two years of Avenging Action, including a battle with Ultron himself.  It'll be interesting to see how much of this material makes it into the final movie.  I'm sure Mr. Whedon had his hand's full with this one!  

SRP: $34.99
Contains: Avengers (1st series) #57-76 and Marvel Super Heroes (1st series) #17
CRD: May 12th, 2015



Original Sin



I remember an X-Men event a few years ago called Original Sin, but that was to do with Xavier and Logan, if I remember correctly.  This seems to be about the Watcher being murdered and collects a mini series from last year.  Confusingly, there's also a smaller trade coming out this week called Original SinS, (S has been capitalized for emphasis).  The pluralized publication does tie-in to it's singular forefather and focuses on the Young Avengers.  The only thing I wonder is - why didn't they call it something else, like, Young Avengers - Original Sin or Young Avengers Sin, or something along those lines.  Seems unnecessarily confusing to do it this way. Also seems confusing to reference an older, (but not THAT old), arc from the X-Men series when it has NOTHING to do with this new mini series.  But, what do I know?  I'm just a silly DC fanboy, (and believe me, my company is no less confusing - 52 Earths anybody?)

SRP: $34.99
Contains: Original Sin #0-8 and material from Point One #1
CRD: May 12th, 2015



THE REST

Amazing Spider-Man - Edge Of Spider-Verse
Avengers - Vision And The Scarlet Witch
Avengers West Coast - Vision Quest
Elektra Vol. 2: Reverence
X-Force Vol. 3: Ends Means
Original Sins

Marvel’s Avengers - Age Of Ultron: The Art Of The Movie (HC)
Spider-Verse (HC)

No comments:

Post a Comment