Sunday 3 May 2015

Indie Pull List - Week of May 6th, 2015


So, this is early, (since it doesn't usually come out on Sunday), but also late, (since I was busy last night - sorry).  I didn't want to skip the Indies again like last weekend, though, because I find interesting stuff while digging through the list.  I love DC and Marvel is fun, but the Indies are the most surprising.  For example - Sons of Anarchy has gotten a comic book series?!  I like the show, but I can't help but think, who thought this was a good idea?  Was there a lot of comic book geeks watching SoA?  I did a little digging and the monthly series is meant to run concurrently with Season 5.  That also seems odd.  Why season 5?  I'm honestly not going to read it to find out.  I liked the series, (even some of the disappointing last season wasn't too bad), but I can't be bothered making the time for it.  All though, they did somehow get me to write about them anyways.  Well played Boom! Well played.  Might as well go whole hog, (I'm sure there's a story behind THAT particular idiom), and splash that cover!


!!!DISCLAIMER!!!

All of this information is suggested. Sometimes books get delayed, sometimes they get cancelled all together. Most of the time the trades will be available. Prices are also suggested and subject to change at the discretion of the shop owner or the publisher themselves.

And hey, if you like what I'm doing tell your friends!  Give me a link, name drop me, plus 1 the posts on Google+ - it all helps.  And if you REALLY like me, (doubtful), then follow me on Twitter @TiberiusTaylor or just click this LINK.  Also, I started a Facebook group for those of us who aren't in to Twitter.  Thanks to everyone who does read - here's a bonus image to get you all fired up!




Valiant - Zeroes And Origins Vol. 1



I'm starting to hear some rumblings about the Valiant-Verse on groups, blogs, pages and assorted pop-ups, add-ons and general brick-a-brac.  I've even heard it referred to as one of the most cohesive universes in comic books right now.  It wouldn't be too difficult to be more cohesive then Marvel or DC, granted, but a cohesive universe is still an impressive achievement.  I also didn't know they'd been around for almost 25 years - kudos to you, Valiant!  If you're like me and know nothing about their universe this book sounds like a great starting point.     

Publisher: Valiant 
SRP: $19.99
Contains:  Archer & Armstrong #0, Bloodshot #0, Harbinger #0, Punk Mambo #0, Quantum and Woody: The Goat #0, Shadowman #0, Unity #0, X-O Manowar #0, and material from Archer & Armstrong #25, Bloodshot #25, Harbinger #25, X-O Manowar #25, and FCBD 2014: Valiant Universe Handbook #1.
CRD: July 7th, 2015 (why such a wait in Canada?)


Panty And Stocking With Garterbelt




"Ok, what the hell could this POSSIBLY be?", I asked myself because no one else in the house would care, know, or care to know.  Apparently it's about angels who are kicked out of Heaven for sinning and now exorcise demons in a sin-fested city, (see what I did there?), at the behest of their afro coiffed preacher/boss.  Sounds odd, could be amusing.  I'm not sure it this is an actual Japanese manga that's getting an English release or just a North American book done in a more manga inspired style.  Just a sec.  Ok, I'm back.  It is a manga adaptation of an anime series.  So, there you have it.  For this kind of thing I would probably start with the TV show, personally, and see how much interest it generated. 

Publisher: Dark Horse 
SRP: $9.99
Contains: 672 pages (a ridiculous deal for $10)
CRD: May 26th, 2015


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classics Vol. 10



This collects the last four issues written by Jim Lawson for Mirage in the mid '90's.  At first I was wondering how classic this could be seeing that it's the 10th volume to be published, but, unfortunately for me the mid 90's is now entering classic territory.  Being born in the mid 80's that thought is slightly depressing.  But my general malaise should not detract from the shell-raising antics of the turtles. Check it. 

Publisher: IDW
SRP: $19.99
Contains: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2nd series - Mirage) #10-13
CRD: May 26th, 2015



THE REST


BOOM! STUDIOS
Adventure Time - Mathematical Edition Vol. 3 (HC - E.K. Weaver ECCC Variant Cover)
Jim Henson’s Storyteller Witches (HC)
Sons Of Anarchy Vol. 1 (HC)

Woods Vol. 2

DARK HORSE COMICS
Art Of He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe (HC)
Bride Of The Water God Vol.
 17
Drug And Drop Vol. 2
Flood: A Novel In Pictures (HC)
Mass Effect - Library Edition Vol. 2 (HC)
Strain Vol. 5: The Night Eternal
Usagi Yojimbo Senso (HC)

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT
Bad Karma Vol. 1 (HC)

IDW PUBLISHING
Don Rosa’s The Life And Times of Scrooge McDuck Vol. 1 (HC - Artist's Edition)
Rip Kirby Vol. 8 (HC)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Animated Adventures Vol. 5
Transformers - More Than Meets The Eye Vol. 7
V-Wars Vol. 2: All Of Us Monsters
Walter Simonson’s Star Slammers - The Complete Collection (HC)

IMAGE COMICS
Rat Queens Vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles Of N’rygoth
Witchblade - Born Again Vol. 2

RED 5 COMICS
Drone Vol. 1

No comments:

Post a Comment